[Wgcp-whc] Week's events

Richard Deming richard.deming at yale.edu
Sat Feb 16 15:24:00 EST 2013

Dear Friends,

First, it does seem that the Robertson books are all taken.  However, I would be able to get people a pdf of Nillig, if they write me directly.

Second, this coming week will have a number of events that should be of interest to people on this list because the events are largely connected to WGCP members.

On Thursday, past WGCP visitor Christian Bök will be on campus for two events.  The first is run by our very own Kevin Holden and includes two other frequent WGCP guests, Cole Swensen and Susan Howe:

THE OBJECT OF POETRY

A panel with Christian Bök, Susan Howe,
Cole Swensen, and Shanxing Wang
February 21st at 2 pm
Room 208 of the Whitney Humanities Center

for information, contact kevin.holden at yale.edu

++++

Then later that evening Bök performs at the Yale Art Gallery in conjunction with our very own Jennifer Gross's astonishing Société Anonyme exhibition.

 Performance, Sound and Furies: A Performance of Die Ursonate and Other Lautgedichten

Christian Bök, Professor of English, Calgary University, Alberta, Canada

Yale University Art Gallery, 1111 Chapel St., New Haven, CT, 06510 MAP
Contemporary poet Christian Bök performs Dada sound poems by Kurt Schwitters and other early twentieth century modernists along with his own poetry in the Gallery lobby.

Visit the special exhibition The Société Anonyme: Modernism for America to see art by Schwitters and other key figures in the Dada movement.

Open to: General public
Admission: Free
Contact Information: Yale University Art Gallery, artgalleryinfo at yale.edu, 203-432-0600

++++++++

Finally, here is some information about the Small Press event at the Beinecke this Friday.  However, given space limitations, it is important that you RSVP if you are interested in attending this event.

On Feb 16, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Kuhl, Nancy wrote:

> Friends—Please join us if you can…please RSVP if you plan to come.
>
> Nancy
> Small Press Reading Room at Beinecke Library
> Friday, February 22, 3-4pm
> An open-house style opportunity to read and handle recent publications by Fence Books, Ugly Duckling Presse, Les Figues, Mud Luscious, Poetry Society of America Chapbook Prize Series, Wave Books, Flying Object, Litmus Press and others. Come survey the state of the art in alternative literary publications and contemporary poetry and prose at the Beinecke Library.
> Please RSVP using the following form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsNIJqX-_na6dFpuN0psZjlkdFVEVFMwNkREdmRJbFE&usp=sharing
> Co sponsored by the Yale Lit and Yale Collection of American Literature
> For more information, contact Nancy Kuhl: nancy.kuhl at yale.edu or 203.432.2966
> About visiting the Beinecke Library classrooms: http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/programs-events/teaching-beinecke/seminar-room-use-guidelines
> Note: All visitors are asked to leave their belongings, including coats and hats, in the lockers and racks on the main floor. Please do not bring food or drink into the library. Yale affiliates should bring their Yale ID downstairs with them in order to sign in.

Also, our very own Katie Yates had her reading series make the local news:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/poetry_boaz/#.UR4ewTz6Cjs.email

With anticipation,
Richard Deming, WGCP Coordinator