[Wgcp-whc] new semester--WGCP sessions

Richard Deming richard.deming at yale.edu
Mon Aug 25 19:17:24 EDT 2014

Dear Friends of Contemporary Poetry and Poetics,

it is a new academic year and a new semester and with that comes a new season of the Working Group of Contemporary Poetry and Poetics.  We have a slate of terrific visitors lined up: two that came years ago and have been at the top of the list of people our members wanted to come back. I'll paste the dates of our sessions below.  As ever, we have a preliminary discussion about the poet's work in advance of his/her visit and then the author joins us for an open conversation about the work.  And books are provided to regular members (or those fairly confident they will be at the sessions devoted to that particular poet).

Our sessions always fall on a Friday and run from 3 PM- 5 PM in room 116 of the Whitney Humanities Center.  Everyone is welcome to attend--so please do feel free to spread the word to interested parties.

Fall 2014 Schedule

September 12 — Discussion of Ann Lauterbach’s work
Readings (to be distributed shortly): Under the Sign by Ann Lauterbach

September 26 — Ann Lauterbach Visit
Readings: Under the Sign by Ann Lauterbach

October 3 — Discussion of Forrest Gander’s work
Readings: Core Samples of the World

October 17 — Forrest Gander Visit
Readings: Core Samples of the World

November 21 — Discussion of Frank Bidart’s work
Readings: Metaphysical Dog

December 5 — Frank Bidart Visit
Readings: Metaphysical Dog

Onward,