[Wgcp-whc] Next Friday--Forrest Gander walks among us

Richard Deming richard.deming at yale.edu
Fri Oct 10 16:31:49 EDT 2014

Dear All,

attached please find the questions developed from last week's preliminary discussion of Forrest Gander's Core Samples from the World.  Next Friday (Oct 17th) the WGCP will meet once again to discuss that collection of pomes.  We will be joined by the poet himself.  The attached questions are just a series of prompts that will help guide next week's conversation.  The session will be from 3 PM - 5 PM in room B04 of the Whitney Humanities Center. All are welcome to attend--and feel free to pass word of this event to others who might be interested.

I'm also passing along information about an upcoming workshop that will be held on Yale campus.  I'll paste the information below with a link to the full details.

Onward,
Richard Deming, Co-coordinator

+++
The Diasporic Literary Archives Project will be holding its final meeting at Yale University on October 23 and 24, 2014. The workshop is titled “Diaspora and the Digital” and will review the challenges and the opportunities for born-digital literary archives and for digital humanities projects. It will investigate new forms of scholarship and new patterns of research made possible by changing archival technologies; assess the implications for accessibility and for the politics of location; and evaluate from an international perspective the risks that may follow from unequal access to these technologies.