[Wgcp-whc] Cole Swensen visits this Friday 3 PM

Richard Deming richard.deming at yale.edu
Mon Nov 30 12:31:31 EST 2015

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__2.bp.blogspot.com_-5FDn9PVeD8ezA_S8zvoh9Ze6I_AAAAAAAAE8I_K3Ovbcsa-5FV4_s1600_IMG-5F3635.JPG&d=AwIFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Wv-FChPIYozrmvMKRuHmxQEBEWCLmKc9M2L_LdpEOUI&m=7-F3D1FgnlCDBHSAsZmYx5HLmNhqpDSVEQEcifjtTdc&s=t2HK8mKznydIaJdZwZmy4-LXAvB-WNvQDRCxsKHKxZU&e= >

Dear Friends,

we’ll be having our final session of the semester this Friday at 3 PM - 5 PM in room B04 of the Whitney Humanities Center. We’ll be having our second meeting focused on Cole Swensen’s Landscapes on a Train.  This Friday, the poet herself will be joining us.

Attached, please find a set of questions drawn from our initial meeting on this work. As the questions will indicate, this was a generative, provocative discussion about poetry, poetics, perception, aesthetics, and politics. We covered the landscape, so to speak.  These questions will give the conversation on Friday some shape, but ideally it will be organic and improvisatory in the way it unfolds.

As ever, our conversations are open to everyone, so please do feel free to spread the word to anyone who might be interested.  We welcome first time guests..

Ever,

Richard Deming, Co-coordinator.