[Yale-readings] Reading at Koffee -- LAst Chance

Nancy Kuhl nancy.kuhl at yale.edu
Fri Aug 4 15:10:23 EDT 2006

>THIS WEDNESDAY [AUG 9] -- LAST READING OF THE SUMMER.
>
>This reading will feature two recent Yale grads now working and living in
>New York and grappling with the publishing world in all its 21st Century
>variants and possibilities:
>
>-- Nick Antosca (Yale 06) won English Department prizes for his
>fiction.  His first novel, Fires, will come out from Impetus Press this
>winter. His fiction, nonfiction, and poetry have appeared in The Barcelona
>Review, The New York Tyrant, The Antietam Review, Hustler, The Paumanok
>Review, The Adirondack Review, Retort Magazine, Word Riot, small spiral
>notebook, Opium, and USA Weekend online. He's been publishing work in
>online places since he was a sophomore at Yale.
>
>  --Louis Cancelmi was the only freshman I ever admitted into Advanced
> Fiction Writing before the rules forbade it. Cancelmi has written plays
> and also worked as a dramaturge; he has written numerous short stories,
> and a short novel, "Sun in an Empty Room," and is currently working on a
> screenplay with Australian writer Nick Barkla. Cancelmi is also an
> experienced actor, having trained at Acting International in Paris and at
> the School at Steppenwolf in Chicago.
>
>Come to Koffee on Audubon, 7Pm Wednesday August 9, hear these two young
>writers read their work and talk about the writing life now.

The Yale-Readings Listserv is sponsored by the Yale Collection of American
Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library. To post
announcements about poetry and fiction readings, send the full text of the
announcement, including contact information, to
<http://mailman.yale.edu/mailman/listinfo/yale-readings>nancy.kuhl at
yale.edu. Messages sent directly to the Yale-Readings list may not be posted.