[YPNG] YPNG 2 Oct 2015

sekhar sekhar.tatikonda at yale.edu
Mon Sep 28 10:19:13 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

We have a special speaker at the YPNG this week.   Please note there is
a different
starting time:

Ryan Tibshirani, CMU
Friday, October 2, 2015
12:00pm - 1:15pm

Recent advances in selective inference

Abstract:  We will be talking about a new set of tools for inference
after model selection.
The highlight will be doing inference along steps of the forward
stepwise, least angle
regression, and lasso paths, though the framework for inference is
applicable well beyond
these cases, and other problems will be briefly discussed as well. If
time permits, I will
also discuss some asymptotic results about the robustness of the
proposed tests to
non-Gaussian noise distributions.

See you on Friday at *12:00 *in the Stat's classroom.

Regards,
sekhar