[yul-naco] "Finding Biographical Information" class: May 20th

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at yale.edu
Thu Apr 14 18:30:33 EDT 2005

Dear NACO catalogers,

I am pleased to announce that Sue Lorimer and Emily Horning, from Research
Services and Collections, will be teaching a class on "Finding Biographical
Information" next month. This class is being developed specifically for
NACO catalogers. I will open the class with a brief summary of when we are
supposed to consult reference sources when establishing headings; Emily and
Sue will review some of the major biographical resources available to us.
Both online and printed resources will be discussed.

When: Friday, May 20, 2-3:15pm
Where: Electronic Classroom, CCL

Registration will be first-come first-served; there are 15 seats in the
Electronic Classroom. Please e-mail me directly if you'd like to reserve a
spot. And let me know if there is a specific information resource or area
that you would like to see covered in the class.

Thanks!

-Manon

p.s. I'll be out-of-town until Wed. Apr. 20 so I won't be able to confirm
registrations until I get back.