[Yale ArchivesSpace] Update on ArchivesSpace

Frohlich, Raymond raymond.frohlich at yale.edu
Fri Aug 7 16:33:53 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

There are two ArchivesSpace updates to provide today.

Infrastructure
Based on the last round of user and internal testing, performance is improved when running ArchivesSpace on the large multi-processor, large memory footprint physical server with solid state disk.  As a result, and barring any unexpected delays or issues, Library IT plans to migrate production ArchivesSpace to this infrastructure for the short term.  We have already started to draft a work plan and will provide a migration schedule to this list shortly.  It is anticipated that this will not be the final resting place of ArchivesSpace.  Library IT has been in discussions with Dell over the last several weeks to select a suitable set of dedicated infrastructure on which both test and production instances of ArchivesSpace would be able to run.  More information will be provided next week.

Database Optimization
No news to report today.

ArchivesSpace Core Code Review
No news to report today.

Data Integrity
No news to report today.

Hosting
Lyrasis has turned around a preliminary hosting/proof of concept project outline and has asked us to respond with comments.  Maureen Callahan, Melissa Wisner, and I will review this document on Monday.

You can track our progress by visiting our shared work document -  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z20GVHYnnQJ_rMeZPyiqBfc3m-oq0wr54husC9lLmJc/edit?usp=sharing.  Please do not hesitate to reach me if you have questions or comments.

--

Raymond Frohlich
Director, Enterprise Systems and Services, Library IT, Yale University Library