[Yale ArchivesSpace] ArchivesSpace hosted instance -- how fast do you want it to be?

Callahan, Maureen maureen.callahan at yale.edu
Tue Nov 17 09:42:55 EST 2015

Hi folks,

As Melissa has communicated, we're in a period of trying to figure out whether we want hosting of ArchivesSpace to stay at Yale or move to a vendor, Lyrasis.

To help with that decision, we're beginning a month-long trial period where we will evaluate service and performance.

Here's where you come in. Lyrasis is providing a trial run of four different environments - standard (S1), large (S2), max (S3), and Amazon Web Services (S4). We need to figure out the best combination of performance and price.

For the next week-and-a-half, standard (S1) https://yale-s1.lyrasistechnology.org  and large (S2) https://yale-s2.lyrasistechnology.org system configurations will be available for our evaluation. Both systems have Yale's data and have been upgraded to the newest version of ArchivesSpace. EOD on Friday, November 27 is the deadline for this, but please try to complete it before you leave for Thanksgiving.

Please fill out this form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UgrOTDxX37ynqqYw0JoBLvv_wqetp5sJX6RZS4d8V78/viewform) and tell us how the standard and large environments compare to each other. Filling out the form should take a maximum of 45 minutes, and it's really important that we get your buy-in - this will be your system, and we need to know that this works for you.

I will be following up with each repository with log-in credentials for these systems - your normal netid and password will not work.

And in two weeks, it will be time to evaluate the max system (S3) and Amazon Web Services (S4).

Don't hesitate to contact me or Melissa if you have any questions.

Maureen