[Yale ArchivesSpace] Alert: Production ArchivesSpace restart today-Wednesday

Wisner, Melissa melissa.wisner at yale.edu
Wed Sep 30 12:35:21 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

Library IT needs to arrange another partial reindex for production ASpace. We will be removing some empty files, and that triggers the application to "catch up" with any missing index data. This will take place by 1:30pm today. Staff will not notice any disruption during that step.

It has been a few days since the last reindex, so it is likely the reindexing may take less than a few hours. Once that is complete, we need to restart the ASpace application. During those few minutes any staff using ASpace would notice a momentary disruption. If the timing is accurate the restart would occur at the end of the business day or after hours/after 5pm. As much as possible, please plan your ASpace activities with that schedule in mind.

Thank you for your patience, and let me know if you have any concerns.

Melissa Wisner
Library IT