[Yale ArchivesSpace] How do I specify the location of a component within a volume?

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:52:01 EDT 2017

Let's say I have a collection of correspondence affixed to the pages of a handful of albums. When I describe a letter (or a series of letters) as a component within the finding aid, I'd like to refer to the volume number and the page number(s) where the letters are found. What's the best way to do this?

My instinct is to specify the location with instance data, naming the volume number as the top container and the page number(s) as child type/child indicator. But "page" isn't available as a term for child type. Does this mean I should look elsewhere for a solution? Or can "page" be added to the child type term list?

Thanks,
Francis

Francis Lapka  *  Catalog Librarian
Dept. of Rare Books and Manuscripts