[Yale ArchivesSpace] Updates for Excel to EAD process + oXygen project file

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Mon Nov 23 09:33:53 EST 2020

All,

Time flies!  oXygen version 23.0 was released on 11/19, just a few days ago 🙂.  However, I have verified that you can use the new oXygen project file, aspace-plus-excel-at-yale-2020-11-15.xpr, with versions 21 of oXygen, as well. So, as long as you're not still on a really old version, like version 18, you should be good to go.  If anyone has any issues getting that set up, just let me know.

Also, if you anyone has any issues updating an old Excel template to the new version, just let me know.  The easiest option is to simply copy and paste the last column, column BD, from the new template into an existing file.  Alternatively, you can add that column manually, by:

  *   adding the text "system id" to column BD, row 1, as a header;
  *   selecting the entire column BD;
  *   clicking on the Formulas ribbon in Excel;
  *   hitting the Define Name button;
  *   and then clicking on "OK" as long as the prompted name is "system_id" with an underscore, which it should be by default.

That last part will look something like:

[cid:703291cf-2ace-4faf-b34e-a5632940db6d]

Mark