CBA Field trip - 6/03/2001

robert rrmuller at Snet.Net
Mon Jun 4 13:43:57 EDT 2001

Brian,
I go with the Scientists, there is ONE  species in are area of Spring
Azures. ( Celastrina laden ) with the possibility of one other, which as far
as I'm concerned has not been determined 100%
We can all draw straws & hope to discover a NEW species but aren't some
people getting way out in left field?

I have a BLACK , yes BLACK , A. stigma specimen of the normal orange color,
is it a new species NO!!

Can DNA prove whats found if so lets support the cost to preform same before
we start publishing more Field Guides & changing more names for NO 100%
proven reason.

I have no doubt that some people out there will jump all over my comments &
guess what thats healthy & leads to the true ending.

One last thing I have in my collection a YELLOW white cabbage butterfly,
I'm sending in the information on my discovery of a new species & requesting
it be called the Mullers Yellow Headed Cabbage Butterfly, to many I guess
that would make a good match.

To all & any Have a great Day
Bob Muller