[Ctleps-l] Naugatuck - Ocola+

pjdegennaro at aol.com pjdegennaro at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 21:06:11 EDT 2012

8/18 - Back home after a week in New Jersey, I found an OCOLA SKIPPER on Buddleia in my yard, a new yard butterfly. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me, and a Zabulon Skipper quickly chased it off. Also, 3 Red-banded Hairstreaks in various places around the yard, including this one which posed on some false sunflower: http://www.flickr.com/photos/connecticutpete/7811586250/in/photostream

Lots of Cloudless Sulphurs along the Garden State Pkwy and on Long Beach Island in NJ. Maybe coming in numbers to CT soon?

Peter DeGennaro
Naugatuck