[Ctleps-l] CBA Walden walk on Saturday July 5

Janis LaPointe sunbirdjan at cox.net
Mon Jul 7 08:54:03 EDT 2014

In Enfield, in a brush area behind the Rotary Club vegetable garden at the Enfield Senior center, there is lots of milkweed, wild daisy, vetch, and wild flowers I remember from childhood, but no Monarchs yet.    I've spoken with the Garden Club members about preserving this area and the milkweed, that they pull out of the vegetable and flower gardens.    They are very receptive to having a butterfly area and I will continue to pursue this.      Garden Club members love gardening and are eager to have projects.   The vegetables and fruits are harvested and given to the local food kitchen and pantry for those in need.
Janis LaPointe
Enfield