[Ctleps-l] Some Variety (NY)

Steve Walter swalter15 at verizon.net
Sat May 23 21:17:29 EDT 2015

For more reference, a comparison to my post of three weeks ago. Same place,
same area covered. Better numbers of the species that should have peaked
earlier in the month. Interesting seeing Pine Elfin and Red-banded
Hairstreak together. I don't think I've done that before. I only looked for
butterflies once between these outings. A picture from that trip, in search
of West Virginia White, can be seen at my web site on the butterfly page
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.stevewalternature.com_&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=wPbNkt6T_H4X7m_PlvSFCGU2a9-csNvfRK2IVMi-mp0&m=KWY-_yS0jluhr2Qc5EzvNULLPk3dMcBQqHbh0SAcob8&s=TmBnQIcz2jECP091SoA5P_W3tZyGSti8HalVH9ONnT8&e=

1 Black Swallowtail

1 E. Tiger Swallowatil

1 Cabbage White

6 Eastern Pine Elfin

3 Red-banded Hairstreak

many Cherry Gall Azures

many Eastern Tailed Blues

several American Ladies

1 Question Mark

a couple of Pearl Crescent

many Juvenal's Duskywing

several Dreamy Duskywing

1 Wild Indigo Duskywing

1 Common Sootywing (first site record, not a pine barrens species)

1 Silver-spotted Skipper

2 Peck's Skipper

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY