[Insightl] Insight course support

John Taormina taormina at duke.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:33:53 EST 2004

Robbie,

I've been adding the course number into a searchable field along with
a  phrase-modernarchitecture, contemporaryart-in the subject field
that also defines the course content. That way, the instructor can
search for all their course-specific images and place them in one
folder.

John

>At Columbia we need to support a core curriculum course, Art
>Humanities. This course has a carefully controlled syllabus,
>contains a stable number of images (approximately 1700), and is
>taken by approximately 1200 undergraduates per academic year.
>
>As it is in the pedagogical interests of the course to segregrate
>these images in Insight, we were wondering how best to handle this
>situation: create a new "Art Humanities" collection, create a single
>group for the entire course, or create a series of groups for each
>section of the syllabus?
>
>How have experienced Insight users handled similiar situations?
>Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Robbie Blitz
>
><>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>
>Roberta Blitz
>Digital Collections Librarian
>Libraries Digital Program Division
>Butler Library
>Columbia University
>212-854-3605
>rlb179 at columbia.edu
><>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

John J. Taormina
Director, Visual Resources Center
Dept. of Art and Art History
Duke University
Box 90764
112 East Duke Building
Durham  NC 27708-0764

Ph: 919-684-2501
E-mail: taormina at duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/web/art/

Editor, Visual Resources Association Bulletin
http://www.vraweb.org