[NHCOLL-L:261] bug problem

Museum museum at ecology.coa.edu
Fri Oct 1 10:15:45 EDT 1999

We are a small natural history museum at the College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, ME.  We are in the process of purchasing a large, walk in freezer to hold specimens before processing, and we would like to use it as a method of insect control as well.  Does anyone know the temperature needed to kill all stages of beetles that might cause problems in a museum?  We have received conflicting information and need to know for sure before making our purchase.

reply to
museum at ecology.coa.edu

many thanks!