[NHCOLL-L:282] RE: mammal skull evaluation

Bob Glotzhober bglotzhober at ohiohistory.org
Fri Oct 15 08:53:09 EDT 1999

Stuart:

The only way I know to place a value on these is to compare them with market
prices.  The following sources may help.

Stroudsburg Fur Co.,  <http://www.furskins.com/> carries furs, skulls,
feathers etc for pioneer/indian reenactors and museums.  A very inexpensive
source, with skulls of fair quality.

Skullduggery has reproduction skulls etc.   Pricey - but many rare fossils
etc.
http://www.skullduggery.com/index.htm

Skulls Unlimited  <http://www.skullsunlimited.com> They process skulls in
three grades of quality -- their catalog explains the grades and pricing.
Not sure all your stuff is in this catalog -- but many of them might be.

Good Luck!

Robert C. Glotzhober
Curator, Natural History
Ohio Historical Society		Phone:  614/ 297-2633
1982 Velma Avenue			Fax:      614/ 297-2628
Columbus, Ohio  43211-2497		e-mail:
bglotzhober at ohiohistory.org

Visit the Web Site for the Ohio Historical Society.
	http://www.ohiohistory.org/
Visit the Web Site for the Ohio Odonata (Dragonfly) Survey (project
coordinator & newsletter editor).
	http://mcnet.marietta.edu/~odonata/index.html