[NHCOLL-L:889] fire-resistant cabinets

Jeff N. Davis jndavis at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Feb 7 17:54:08 EST 2001

Dear all --

Our campus fire chief has just informed me that our collections of
fluid-preserved herps and fishes need to be stored in flammables cabinets.
It is apparently a violation of fire safety (and possibly OSHA) standards
to store more than 10 gallons of 70% ethanol in a non-fire-resistant
cabinet.  Has anyone else encountered this problem and do you know of a
source of flammables cabinets that aren't brilliant yellow?

Best,

Jeff

Jeff N. Davis, Curator
Museum of Natural History Collections
Department of Environmental Studies
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064  USA
Phone: (831) 459-4763, Fax: (831) 459-4015
Email: jndavis at cats.ucsc.edu

Don't become an ornithologist if you can help it.
But if you can't help it, go ahead.

        - Frank Chapman