[NHCOLL-L:1639] Re: Designing and using web catalogues

Janet Waddington janetw at rom.on.ca
Thu Jun 27 11:43:44 EDT 2002

Major apologies to all recipients of this message.  Amy's email address is littleyovanovich at yahoo.ca
Please don't hold this against her.  My mistake.
Janet

>>> "Janet Waddington" <janetw at rom.on.ca> 06/27/02 11:36AM >>>
I am posting this for my intern.  Please reply to her directly at  littleyovanovich at yahoo.ca
Thanks very much,
Janet Waddington
Palaeobiology, Royal Ontario Museum

I am a Museum Management student from Sir Sandford Fleming College completing an internship that involves cataloguing and conserving an orphaned collection of type and figured invertebrate fossils. We plan to post the catalogue on the web to let people know that this material is now at the ROM.  Ultimately, it is hoped that the whole type catalogue could go online.  We would like to know how other people actually use online catalogues in order to help us design a functional and useful product.  Any comments on what you would expect to see or how you would like to access it would be helpful.
Thank you,

Amy Yovanovich