[NHCOLL-L:1801] prices for compactors

colin favret c-favret at life.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 7 11:06:39 EST 2003

Hello all,
	Plans are underfoot to construct a new building for the
Illinois Natural History Survey and we are now trying to figure out
how much new compactors for the insect collection will cost. Our
current compactors were installed in the 80s so I do not have a good
idea as to how much these things run for today. I'm only interested
in ballpark figures at the moment so do not want to have an official
estimate made.
	If you have had compactors installed at your institution,
would you be willing to share with me what the cost was and some of
the specifics of the compactors (year of installation, approximate
size, number and type of specimens, special features)? If I can
gather enough data, I would be happy to summarize them and post them
to the list (so let me know if you don't want your figures dispersed
to the whole list). Thanks very much in advance and best wishes in
the new year, colin