[NHCOLL-L:2075] fossil Odonata question

janet gillette jgillette at MNA.mus.az.us
Mon Sep 15 15:58:15 EDT 2003

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I'm looking for
information on fossil Odonata (dragonflies & damselflies) collections.
A local researcher, well versed in modern Odonata, is interested in the
fossil record of the Order.  He’s specifically interested in high
quality photographs, not necessarily access to the specimens themselves.

Does anyone know which museum collections hold significant fossil
Odonata specimens both nationally & internationally?

Can anyone recommend the names of major authorities working in the field
of fossil Odonata?

Are there any publications you'd recommend specifically on fossil
Odonata?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best Wishes,
Janet