[NHCOLL-L:2382] "Collections" Ready

Hugh H. Genoways hgenoway at unlserve.unl.edu
Tue Jul 20 18:29:21 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues:

The first issue of "Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives
Professionals" will appear in August.  I have attached a pdf of the covers
and table of contents [you need acrobat reader to open file] for your
information.  I have also include the Table of Contents below in case you
can't open this file.

We are just completing the contents for issue #2, but we are still seeking
manuscripts for future issues.  Because COLLECTIONS is a quarterly journal,
submission is open.  We will receive and accept/reject manuscripts on a
continuous basis.

 If you have other questions or want subscription information for
"Collections," you will find answers on our website at
http://www.altamirapress.com/RLA/journals/Collections/Index.shtml

Sincerely,
Hugh

TABLE OF CONTENTS "COLLECTIONS" vol. 1, no. 1

OPINIONS

The Future of Natural History Collections

JOHN E. HEYNING, Natural Science Collections Alliance

A Keeper of Treasures

KAREN J. UNDERHILL, Northern Arizona University

ARTICLES

Archives and Museums: Balance and Development in Presidential Libraries

SUSANNAH BENEDETTI, William M. Randall Library, University of North
Carolina at Wilmington

Critical Concepts Concerning Non-living Collections

STEPHEN L. WILLIAMS, Department of Museum Studies, Baylor University, Waco,
Texas

Collecting Theories: Mexican American Archives at the University of Texas,
Benson Latin American Collection (1974-2003)

MARIA E. GONZALEZ, Preservation and Conservation Studies, University of
Texas at Austin

The Maverick Collector: The Method in the Madness of Peggy Guggenheim

EMMA ACKER, University of Southern California, Los Angeles

BOOK REVIEW

Liberating Culture: Cross-cultural Perspectives on Museums, Curation, and
Heritage Preservation, by Christina Kreps, 2003

A. ELIZABETH MOSER

DIGITIZING AND IMAGING REVIEW

The Digital Phenomena

JILL M. KOELLING