[NHCOLL-L:2383] Great Technology for Community, Confluence & Community - Call for Registration

MCN 2004 mcn2004 at igs.net
Tue Jul 20 22:53:57 EDT 2004

The Museum Computer Network (MCN) is pleased to announce the availability
ofthe preliminary program and registration information for our 32nd Annual
Conference - Great Technology for Confluence, Community & Collections.  We
invite you to visit the MCN website (www.mcn.edu) to find out what a great
conference we have scheduled for November 10-13, 2004 in Minneapolis.  To
make this a great conference, we need you to be part of it and, once you've
reviewed the program, we think you'll agree that you need to be part of
it,too.

Here are just a few reasons why you should plan to join us in Minneapolis
this year:

We're partnering with colleagues from a number of terrific organizations
like, the Minnesota Historical Society, MINERVA, Association of Moving
Image Archivists, and the Science Center of Minnesota.

Our minds will be challenged by what will undoubtedly be a stimulating
keynote address by Max Anderson, one of the most highly regarded proponents
of the use of high technology in furthering the missions of cultural
institutions.

We're expecting a large number of vendors who will show a wide variety of
software, hardware, and services in our Exhibition Hall.

We'll have the opportunity to enroll in some of the best workshops -
focused on our specific interests - to be found at any professional
conference. Take the time to explore new frontiers in digitizing
audio-visual materials, select and implement a collection information
management system, or develop intellectual property policies.

Of course, we'll have our usual very full roster of thought-provoking
panels and presentations that address in-house and external collaborations,
emerging trends in digitization, preservation and collection information
management, and innovative ways to provide communities access to our
collections.

And, for the first time in for quite a while, we'll get a sneak preview of
next year's conference venue and theme.

Marla Misunas, 2004 Conference Co-Chair
Christine Bostick, 2004 Conference Co-Chair