[NHCOLL-L:2487] Buturlin specimens

mzfashm2 at mail1.mcc.ac.uk mzfashm2 at mail1.mcc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 04:12:27 EST 2004

Dear all,
I am collecting information on collections from SA Buturlin's
expedition to the Kolyma in 1905 for a paper on these (this is of
course the expedition on which Buturlin discovered Ross's Gull
breeding). I should be very grateful if you would let me know if there
are any specimens (skins, eggs, or anything else) in your
institution, or if you know of any elsewhere. Negative information is
useful for larger museums.

I apologise for cross-posting.
Thanks in advance,
Henry
Mr. Henry McGhie, Curator of Zoology, The Manchester Museum, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, UK M13 9PL
email: henry.mcghie at manchester.ac.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)161 2752482
Fax: +44 (0)161 2752676
Web: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/museum