[NHCOLL-L:2651] Re: shipment restrictions

Gregory Watkins-Colwell gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Wed May 11 14:58:50 EDT 2005

Eric,

Ask your Costa Rican visitor if the packages she gets with ETOH are
properly labeled.

Greg

At 01:23 PM 5/11/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>I was forwarded the recent thread concerning dangerous goods restrictions,
>and have now rejoined the list to add my own experiences.
>
>We sent a package to Costa Rica earlier this year, properly labelled for
>excepted and limited quantities, and it was returned, unopened, from
>Panama.  FEDEX claims Costa Rica does not accept any quantities of
>dangerous goods.  Interestingly, my visitor from Costa Rica claims that
>she routinely receives ethanol preserved specimens for not only other
>countries, but the Smithsonian Institution.
>
>Poland does not accept dangerous goods anymore, but Germany does, so we
>have shipped to the former via the latter.
>
>Eric
>
>Eric A. Lazo-Wasem
>Senior Collections Manager                       voice: 203 432 3784
>Division of Invertebrate Zoology                  FAX:  203 432 9816
>Peabody Museum, Yale University
>170 Whitney Ave. , P.O. Box 208118
>New Haven, CT 06520-8118

*       Gregory J. Watkins-Colwell                      *
*       Herpetology and Ichthyology                     *
*       Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History  *
*       170 Whitney Avenue, P. O. Box 208118            *
*       New Haven, CT  06520-8118                       *
*       Phone: 203/432-3791                     *
*       FAX: 203/432-2874                               *
*       http://www.peabody.yale.edu                     *