[NHCOLL-L:2650] shipment restrictions

Eric Lazo-Wasem eric.lazo-wasem at yale.edu
Wed May 11 13:23:42 EDT 2005

I was forwarded the recent thread concerning dangerous goods restrictions,
and have now rejoined the list to add my own experiences.

We sent a package to Costa Rica earlier this year, properly labelled for
excepted and limited quantities, and it was returned, unopened, from
Panama.  FEDEX claims Costa Rica does not accept any quantities of
dangerous goods.  Interestingly, my visitor from Costa Rica claims that she
routinely receives ethanol preserved specimens for not only other
countries, but the Smithsonian Institution.

Poland does not accept dangerous goods anymore, but Germany does, so we
have shipped to the former via the latter.

Eric

Eric A. Lazo-Wasem
Senior Collections Manager                       voice: 203 432 3784
Division of Invertebrate Zoology                  FAX:  203 432 9816
Peabody Museum, Yale University
170 Whitney Ave. , P.O. Box 208118
New Haven, CT 06520-8118