[NHCOLL-L:2661] annobid freeze temperature

Stuart Fullerton stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Thu May 19 10:20:58 EDT 2005

dear folks

we have discovered annobidae beetles in some of the mammal skins -
obviously not carred for correctly for a year or so.

can not throw out, must salvage.     at moment have sprayed cabinet.
drawers, and skins with specticide insecticide (was handy) and flooded
with pdb and taped cabinets.     how cold, and for how long would we
wish to freeze skins, if that can be done, to kill eggs, larvae and pupa.

you can send suggestions to me direct and avoid list server congestion.

thanks!  rof

cheers!
--

Stuart M Fullerton ROF, Research Associate in charge of Arthropod

Collections (UCFC), Dept. of Biology, University of Central Florida, PO

Box 162368, Orlando, Florida, 32816-2368, USA. stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu <mailto:stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>

(407) 823-6540 (no voice mail) <http://www.cas.ucf.edu/biology/bugs/>