[NHCOLL-L:4289] RE: Nalgene PolyPaper

Peter H Wimberger pwimberger at ups.edu
Mon Apr 6 13:53:07 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Rite in the Rain paper is made here in Tacoma.  We (the Slater Museum)
are testing it in jars of formalin, alcohol and water to see how durable
it is.  It should work and is cheaper and greener (in terms of the
manufacturing process than the Nalgene/plastic papers).  An email from
the president of the company, who I know, is copied below.  They will
send samples to anyone who identifies themselves as being from a museum.
They are very responsive and interested in feedback.

>From Todd Silver (co-president):

Our DuraCopy (Copier/Laser) and Weatherjet (InkJet) plastic papers
should fill the need as well and our DuraRite plastic paper notebooks
are as durable as nalgene's and less expensive. Rite in the Rain works
in some situations also and is more earth frriendly than the plastic
papers. We'd be happy to send free sample sheets, notebooks and catalogs
to any museum.

You can tell them you know the president and give them my direct email
(Todd Silver, todd at riteintherain.com) and I'll have our sample dept
handle it. (Tell them to identify themselves with a museum so we cover
the cost.) They can check our stuff out at www.riteintherain.com
<http://www.riteintherain.com/> .

Best,

Peter Wimberger

Professor, Biology

Director, Slater Museum of Natural History

University of Puget Sound

Tacoma, WA 98416

253 879-2784