[NHCOLL-L:5027] RE: Labeling rocks and fossils

Vicen Carrio v.carrio at nms.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 03:57:29 EDT 2010

Dear Rodrigo,

I don't know where you got the information saying that it's acceptable the kind of labelling for the fossil that you do at your museum.

I will recommend you to have a look to the articles that I'm including. I think both Koob and Amy Davidson will make change the way you approach labelling.

I added too, the presentation given by Gerrit de bruin in 2009 in SPNHC about labelling.

Koob, S.P. 1986. The use of Paraloid B-72 as an adhesive: its application for archaeological ceramics and other materials. Studies in Conservation 31: 7-14.

http://www.vertpaleo.org/education/documents/Davidson_et_al_2006.pdf

Hope all these information can help you.

Cheers,

Vicen

Ms Vicen Carrió

Geological Conservator/Preparator