[NHCOLL-L:5747] Last chance to acquire surplus oversized glass jars

Cindy A Ramotnik ramotnik at unm.edu
Wed Dec 7 11:53:36 EST 2011

This is the final opportunity to acquire oversized glass
jars that we have surplussed at the University of New
Mexico Museum of Southwestern Biology and which will be
tossed out by the end of the year. The 3- and 5-gal jars
(see photo) previously contained fishes stored in ethanol.
Although the jars have been washed they are not suitable
for personal use.  I'd prefer to find a good "museum home"
for them like I was able to do a year ago after sending a
similar email to NHCOLL.

Specifications for the jars are as follows:
3-gal jars: 17 inches tall x 8.5 inches diameter, weight
10 pounds.
5-gal jars: 18 inches tall x 8.5 inches diameter, weight
13 pounds.
Both use the same metal lid, 130 mm diameter.

If you can cover the shipping and packing costs, I'm
willing to pack them up and ship them. And you're always
welcome to come by and pick them up. Call or write
off-list if you have any questions.

Cindy

Cindy Ramotnik
U.S. Geological Survey