[NHCOLL-L:5269] RE: life animals

Bryant, James JBRYANT at riversideca.gov
Fri Feb 18 11:34:12 EST 2011

Interesting: "actual or potential threat to the collections or to public health". Could you be more specific? We have a small living collection here in Riverside, but nothing that fits these criteria except in the broadest sense. When I worked at the Insect Zoo at the Smithsonian, it was notable that none of the live species we housed ever appeared outside the exhibit area, even in the adjacent entomology collection ranges.

James M. Bryant
Curator of Natural History
Museum Department, City of Riverside
3580 Mission Inn Avenue