[NHCOLL-L:5354] RE: IATA training

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Wed Mar 30 12:14:03 EDT 2011

Karen

Probably good to point out that if you are shipping anything that falls outside the scope of IATA 2.7 and DOT 49 CFR 173.4 i.e. you require more than 30ml of fluid in each internal package or packages larger than 1 liter in total fluid (in most cases easily circumvented by creating more than one smaller package), then you will still require dangerous goods training.  We have never had occasion to ship anything this large as yet but good to mention it.

Thanks Judith for pointing that out.

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
 Andy Bentley
 Ichthyology Collection Manager
 University of Kansas
 Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Institute
 Dyche Hall
 1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
 Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
 USA