[Nhcoll-l] Fwd: Explore CCI's New Online Light Damage Calculator

helen at collectioncare.org helen at collectioncare.org
Sat Aug 11 08:53:43 EDT 2012

I was a little disappointed in this online version because
it doesn't relate to the blue wool fade card, which was the
most useful part of the previous calculator. Many small
museums won't have a clue about the specific colorants. And
some of the listed colorants are extremely stable - which
we already know. If they had used the 8 dyes used for the
blue wool fade card, and then the other colorants were
provided with notes as to how they relate to the 8 dyes,
THAT would have been so much more useful to us. I am
holding on to my physical light fade calculator. Seeing
this online version makes it more precious to me.
Best,
Helen

(http://www.cci-icc.gc.ca/comments-commentaires/index-eng.aspx)

(http://www.cci-icc.gc.ca/e-news/goto_e.aspx?t=fe764220-CB57A15C4F724CD38873236C06DF7066)

(http://www.cci-icc.gc.ca/tools-outils/ldc-cdl/index-eng.aspx)
>  is now available
> online!
> The calculator allows users to test various scenarios to
>  estimate how
> colours could fade when exposed to light, and  predict
> the influence of
> exhibition lighting on the future  appearance of objects
> and collections.
>
> All  CCI broadcast communications are sent from
> cci-icc.communications at magma.ca. Please ensure that this
>  e-mail is in your "safe sender" list. If you
> have received  this message from a friend, you may
> receive future CCI
> e-News messages by subscribing on the CCI Web site.
>

> Canadian  Conservation Institute
> Department of Canadian Heritage
> 1030 Innes Road
> Ottawa ON K1A 0M5