[NHCOLL-L:5854] New Seals for Lane Cabinets

Kathy Leacock kleacock at sciencebuff.org
Tue Feb 21 12:23:40 EST 2012

Dear list,

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a product to replace
worn seals on Lane cases? We have a variety of styles of cabinet
(Herbarium, Zoology etc.) and many are in need of new seals as the
factory-issued foam has deteriorated.

I did contact Lane and since they have switched to a new type of seal, they
no longer offer the replacement product.

Our Geology Dept. switched to felt, however, I find that the felt stripping
is too thick and does not create a good seal.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer in this regard,

Kathy

*Kathryn H. Leacock**
*Curator of Collections
Buffalo Museum of Science