[Nhcoll-l] "Robbing Museums"

Bryant, James JBRYANT at riversideca.gov
Thu May 24 12:13:31 EDT 2012

Good work, Andy et al.

James M. Bryant
Curator of Natural History
Museum Department, City of Riverside
3580 Mission Inn Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 826-5273
(951) 369-4970 FAX
jbryant at riversideca.gov
From: nhcoll-l-bounces at mailman.yale.edu [mailto:nhcoll-l-bounces at mailman.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Bentley, Andrew Charles
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:44 AM
To: nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu
Subject: [Nhcoll-l] "Robbing Museums"

Hi all

Some of you may have recently seen this blog post on "robbing museums" dealing with Dr Haq/Rehmani and his biological supply house - http://deepseanews.com/.  I was interviewed by the blog owner, Craig McClain, for the article and now it has been picked up by the journal Science.  I was just called by one of their science writers who was interested in finding out more and writing her own story.  All through this process I have specifically requested that no people's names or Institution names of others who have been contacted be used in the story (so as to protect the innocent :)) but now the Science writer is interested in hearing from others who may have been duped into sending samples or may have been contacted by Dr. Haq/Rehmani.

If you would be OK with relating your story to a Science writer please contact Jane Lee directly at jlee at aaas.org<mailto:jlee at aaas.org>.

Thanks

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :