[Nhcoll-l] Specifications for design of a natural history collection storage and research facility

Cole-Will, Rebecca rebecca_cole-will at nps.gov
Fri Jul 12 16:30:17 EDT 2013

Good afternoon,

I am the manager for the Acadia National Park museum program.  We are
working with a non-profit partner, the Schoodic Institute, a relatively new
science research and education center on the coast of Maine.  We are
exploring ideas for creating a new facility that would hold natural history
specimens, primarily invertebrates - both pinned and fluid-preserved,
herbarium specimens, etc.  collected from research and bio blitzes, and
citizen science programs.

The facility might also house research space, data management, and
collection curation spaces.

 I would be very interested in any specs, recommendations for appropriate
facilities, or referrals for any such recent projects from the experts out
there.

Thank you,

Rebecca Cole-Will
Cultural Resources Program Manager
Acadia NP

--

Rebecca Cole-Will, Cultural Resources Program Manager  ~  Acadia National
Park, 20 McFarland Hill Drive, PO Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME  04609