[Nhcoll-l] Harrison Township, New Jersey - Paleontology and Economic Geology Exhibition

Shirley S albright conularia57 at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:11:11 EDT 2013

The Harrison Township Historical Society, Mullica Hill, New Jersey has asked me to curate an exhibition (opening October 2013) about the historically well-known Mullica Hill fossil locality and the marl industry that was prevalent in the township during the 1800s. To that end, the New Jersey State Museum (Trenton, NJ) and the Academy of Natural Sciences (Philadelphia, PA) have provided invaluable assistance in my search for objects. I'm wondering, however, if there could be other holdings elsewhere with a Harrison Township provenance that are relevant to my search? I should add that I'm also looking for excellent examples of the minerals vivianite and glauconite as well as photographic documentation of either paleontologic or marl mining activity from the prescribed area.

I would very much appreciate your contacting me by email at conularia57 at embarqmail.com if your institutions or private collections have fossils or minerals from the Mullica Hill locality. Thank you!

Shirley Albright
(Retired, New Jersey State Museum)