[Nhcoll-l] 2D barcode printer for frozen tissue collection

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Sep 10 10:34:41 EDT 2013

Andrew

For the printer I would suggest any of the desktop thermal transfer printers on the market (Datamax, Zebra, Brady, Brother).  We have had good luck with Datamax printers (Datamax E-class Mark III - http://www.datamax-oneil.com/do/com/en-us/home/printers-software/stationary-printers/desktop-printers/e-class-mark-iii) of which there are many for this kind of application.  For barcode printing I would suggest something in the 300dpi range.  We have found that a 200dpi printer does not do a good enough job with small print or barcodes.

For the label material I would suggest looking at Brady's line of cryogenic safe labeling materials (Freezerbondz - http://www.bradyid.com/bradyid/pdpv/THT-154-490-3.html) that, again, come in many forms - wrap around labels, single labels etc.  Electronic Imaging Materials also sells a good line of these (www.barcode-labels.com<http://www.barcode-labels.com>).

The trick is in getting your database to talk to the printer and print the labels correctly :)

Hope that helps

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>