[Nhcoll-l] Glass jars for shipping wet specimens

Sloane Whidden swhidden at fieldmuseum.org
Fri Sep 20 14:20:49 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I am searching for glass jars to house/display wet specimens that are
suitable for shipping.  The challenge is that I need jars with a mouth at
least 6" D x 10" H (or larger) and 4" D x 14" H (or larger).  I have
already exhausted Fisher Scientific's resources.

Pressure fit jars have been suggested, but I am concerned about risks
during shipping and potential air expansion at high altitude venues.  Does
anyone have experience shipping pressure fit glass containers?

Any insight or potential resources would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Sloane
--
Sloane Whidden