[Nhcoll-l] Immersive exhibits

Steven Jasinski sej139 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 12:28:06 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

           Here at the State Museum of Pennsylvania, we have an immersive exhibit where visitors can walk-through a reconstruction of a Carboniferous forest. The exhibit is over 40 years old, and we are getting ready to upgrade and renovate it. So, I was wondering if any other museums out there have any immersive exhibits, particularly reconstructions from the past (paleontology, etc). I recall having gone through several set-up like caves, where it feels like you are in a cave and little displays are present on the walls. The one we have here as various insects, fish, and amphibians throughout, and trees/plants in the environment and over the walk-way guests use to walk-through. I suppose I am simply looking to see what other museums have done, what has and has not worked for them, and any suggestions people might have.

Thanks,

            ~Steven

Steven E. Jasinski
Curator of Paleontology and Geology