[Nhcoll-l] Recommended freezer for specimens?

Trock, Debra DTrock at calacademy.org
Tue Jul 22 17:04:22 EDT 2014

Crystal,
You can get an inexpensive chest-type freezer for about half this price.  In addition, with an upright freezer like this, all of the cold air “falls out” (since it is heavier than warm air) when you open the door.  That doesn’t happen with a chest type.   We’ve been looking at a Frigidaire that will hold 6 boxes 12 x 12 x 18 (herbarium specimens) for about $350.00.  You can also get chest types in larger sizes if needed.

Dr. Debra Trock
Sr. Collections Manager, Botany
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Drive