[Nhcoll-l] Alcohol bottle trays

Tom Schiøtte tschioette at snm.ku.dk
Tue Jun 24 04:38:22 EDT 2014

The (former) Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen (now part of the Natural History Museum of Denmark) uses wooden trays in almost every wet collection, except for large size specimens and containers, which won’t fit in. They are kept on open metal shelves. I believe we have three standard sizes, depending on the shelf dimensions, the largest trays being about 24 x 50 x 7  cm. They are stable and reasonably comfortable to take out carry. They are not considered to increase the fire hazard to any significant degree, but on the other hand I am not aware that there have been serious calculations on that subject.

Tom

Tom Schiøtte
Natural History Museum of Denmark (Zoology)
Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 Copenhagen OE
Denmark

TSchioette at snm.ku.dk