[Nhcoll-l] archival management programs

Trock, Debra DTrock at calacademy.org
Wed Mar 26 11:24:18 EDT 2014

After several years and some false starts (including trying some off-the-shelf programs), we are in the process of having a system custom designed, with a number of potential vendors providing demonstrations for us to look at.  We have ended up hiring a whole team of people to deal with this issue as we intend to use it for everything from document and specimen images to our digital planetarium shows and all kinds of audio assets (and probably a lot of other things I don't even know about!).  If you want to keep in touch off-list, I would be happy to let you know more, once we have selected a vendor!

Dr. Debra Trock
Sr. Collections Manager, Botany
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Drive