[Nhcoll-l] Replacing cabinet gaskets

Ann-Eliza Lewis lewisan at earlham.edu
Mon Oct 20 09:50:09 EDT 2014

I was wondering whether anyone had recommendations for replacing gaskets on
storage cabinets. I have a number of collections storage cabinets from Lane
Science with deteriorating gaskets. Lane does not sell replacements.

University Products suggests that their polyethylene foam rods are good for
replacing gaskets (
http://www.universityproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=1161), but the
sales department there didn't know if anyone who had actually used the
product in that way.

So I am looking for suggestions for suppliers and brands of appropriate
gaskets as well as suggestions for the best way to attach it.

Thank you!
Ann-Eliza

--
Ann-Eliza Lewis, PhD