[Nhcoll-l] E.R Wagner: Insect collector

Christopher Kemp cjkemp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 14:10:16 EST 2015

Hi Friends,

I'm looking at a paper about a beautiful species of large fly just
described: *Gauromydas papavero*. A great species with a long shelf life.
It was first collected in Argentina in 1930-something by a collector called
E.R. Wagner. I've searched for him and he's collected an awful lot of
stuff, 1903, 1911, active for decades in South America. But I don't have
any biographical information at all. Don't know what E or R stand for, or
where he was from, or when he died. Anything, folks?

--ck