[Nhcoll-l] Tissue subsampling scissors

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 9 13:40:37 EDT 2015

Decoupage scissors are good for this type of work, particularly if they have finger guards on the handles.  The spring keeps the scissor blades open once you’ve taken a micro-snip.  They range in price considerably but at the lower end shouldn’t be more than 5 to 10 bucks apiece.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com