[Nhcoll-l] old glass containers

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:46:59 EDT 2015

Paul is right, don't try to pry the lid off silicon. Once the lid has been
removed, you can scrape the silicon off with a blade, then use a silicon
release agent (which you can buy at a hardware store) to get the remaining
silicon off of the glass before you apply a new gasket.

John E. Simmons
Museologica
128 E. Burnside Street
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania 16823-2010
simmons.johne at gmail.com
303-681-5708
www.museologica.com
and
Adjunct Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
University Park, Pennsylvania
and
Instructor, Museum Studies