[Nhcoll-l] evaluating collection management software

Dawn Roberts droberts at naturemuseum.org
Fri Mar 27 18:04:12 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

We are evaluating collection management software and would appreciate
input regarding the real costs and potential issues associated with the
process of converting to a new database.  We are looking at: Arctos,
Specify, KE Emu, PastPerfect, CollectionSpace, and ArchiveSpace.  Our
collections include zoology, botany, earth science, cultural,
photography, and archives.  We are gathering information directly from
these entities, but what we're looking for is more of a reflection of
the real associated costs.  We'd also really appreciate talking with
those who have gone through this process to get a sense of the process
and potential issues - problems, working with the company, staff time,
training needed and costs, etc.

Feel free to email or call us!

Dawn Roberts, droberts at naturemuseum.org, 773-755-5125

Erica Krimmel, ekrimmel at naturemuseum.org, 773-755-5118

Thank you!

Dawn Roberts | Collections Manager

The Chicago Academy of Sciences and its Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

2430 North Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614 | Main 773-755-5100 | Fax
773-549-0344 | www.naturemuseum.org

Museum Collections and Archives, Collections Facility and Office
4001 N Ravenswood Avenue, Suite 201, Chicago, IL 60613 | Direct
773-755-5125

The Urban Gateway to Nature and Science